Thursday 17 November 2011

"Grass Roots" - The Story Thus Far.

Yesterday we received the best news of The JOB's last two years. If you don't know, follow the facebook link here and like our page. Believe me, you will not be disappointed. 

The glass is so full, it's over flowing. 

The void that has been present on the void has been filled on the Facebook page however, with very little to talk about, I have been focusing on the other projects I have had on the slate. Now, with the news that has come through, it feels like time to reflect on the story thus far.

Between myself, Ed and Adam including every one else, we have not felt so much elation over the recent news. 

Little did we know that we'd be in this kind of position when we all met in Borders on Buchanan Street (a store now defunct) to discuss a potential film project within he final weeks of that summer in 2009. Borders Costa became the recognizable safe haven where I would  I remember from the pages of notes I wrote down wet with the tears of laughter that permanently hurt me for the remainder of the day. Stories that were so pitch black dark, appealing to my own sense of humour, they had to be told / shown in one respect or another.

Designed as a feature film venture, Bourac (originally entitled Arc-Angels), was a 100-page script, taking a selection of the stories and giving it a sense of structure. More as an exercise for myself in long-form writing, we had organised a read-through, with a selection of actors and my own journalist friend, Mark, to hear how the script read. Potentially the best moment at that time that cemented it's future as a TV series. 

A year later, of writing, of filming and organising, we have found ourselves, with the guidance of some very special individuals, in the position of professionally producing the series. Beginning with the pilot obviously, we have developed the series into something far more formidable from the original scratchings of meeting everyone (namely Adam) for the first time.

I think, eventually, I will fill in all the gaps and tell the whole story from start to finish, including the many, many ventures we embarked on. For just now, this is our record of what's going on and what's going to happen. 

Two years down. 

... 

Looking forward to the rest.

Ryan Jon Amey Henderson
Co-creator / Writer